Tuesday 23 March 2010
















I've found the alpaca wool very difficult to knit on the domestic machines and so tried a few samples by hand knitting them. I've found this works very well and they give off a very natural look! I also believe that the hand knitting is working better towards the sustainability aspects of my project as it is going back to the belief of hand crafted garments with higher quality, meaning that people are a lot more likely to keep it if more effort has gone into the making of it. Another website that I find as a useful resource is http://www.makepiece.co.uk/. My most favourable aspect of this collection is how edgy it is. I love that they have been able to be more creative and experimental even though they are restricted with fibres and methods. I believe the colour pallet is also very strong as they have use lots of bright vibrant colours.Here are some examples of my own samples.

No comments:

Post a Comment